Friday, March 11, 2005


But sometimes things come together in such a way that a dream becomes reality rather than wished for fiction. People who support in your attempt to bring a dream to life...support from an emotional perspective, as well as a monetary manner. And, like I said, the end result of such a group of things coming together came to me with the wonder as my own Pot of Gold at the end of my special rainbow...and my dream of learning to fly and earn my Private Pilot's license became instead a piece of paper in my hand that reads "Temporary Airman's Certificate, Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine, Land".BD, the love of my life, gave me the courage, attitude and determination (not to mention some of that monetary support I mentioned a line or two ago...) to pursue it again (I started taking lessons 39 years ago...the first entry in my logbook is 1/15/66...30 minutes of instruction in a Piper Colt at Sanger Airfield south of Chicago.

To her I owe my greatest measure of gratitude and love...the first-hand experience of the joy she helped create...and the first ride (which we had to cancel this AM as the winds were too strong for a new Pilot and passenger)! And as you can see, there is already a line a'waitin' to crawl in the airplane with me...Hoss, my 5-year old GrandSon said last night he was ready to go and showed he knows how to wear the Co-Pilot's headset...though he isn't sure what to do with the ends of the mic and headphone cords!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations!!!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home