Sunday, January 09, 2005

This week was pretty much a "no-fly" week...

Got to fly only Wednesday and Sunday, but the second flight was a wonderous one! Left McCollum Airport (home airport) and climbed to 5,500', then under the control of Atlanta Approach (the Air Traffic Control folks that guide all those airliners into and out of Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport every day) flew right across the 4 runways of ATL on my way to an airport South of Atlanta about 40 miles.

It was a crystal clear day with visibilities of upwards of 15 miles or more, and I engaged the autopilot and sat back and watched about 20 or 30 airliners that dwarf my airplane enter the landing and take-off dance around Atlanta each day. It was something to see them so close up in the air...it made me recall just what it was about flying that attracted me and hooked me so all those nearly 40 years ago...

No flying now until Saturday, January 15th, then a couple of times the week after...still trying to polish my skills to the level of a successful Private Pilot applicant. Soon, I hope!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is preety cool Wood. I just now looked at it. The house looks great. You and Barb are laright I assume? We are doing alright here. Does ma know about this site? Does she know how to get on it? I'll show her next time I am over there. You guys take it easy. Mic and Carole.

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home