Saturday, April 02, 2005


This is the built-in bookshelf under construction. What is going to change is the vertical spine will be shortened to begin 30" above the cabinet shelf...One foot in from each side will be bookshelves, leaving a space 30" high x 45" wide on the cabinet shelf...lots of room for pictures and other displayables...it is hard to see the details in this picture (or the one of the just started left side bookshelf), but the carpenter who is doing this is doing it from scratch based upon a drawing I gave him...the woodwork is beautiful...he is an artist actually, as well as a mind-reader particularly since he can make East and West from a drawing I made...I can't draw stick men, so you can imagine how difficult it is for him to understand what I meant by my drawing...the panels in the space where the bookshelves will go are the doors to the cabinet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home