Friday, September 16, 2005


This displays the colors...the bathroom motif is of Kokopeli, a Southwestern Mythological figure, and the colors of the painting blend perfectly well with the Kokopeli colors on the shower curtain...as well, the blue of the towels work very well in this room (I am not becoming an interior decorator...fear not. I still think of art as an Elvis picture on 6'x6' velvet I once proudly owned and displayed...until my first marriage). I am of the opinion that it works best as it is, sans a frame...I have been looked upon as uncouth, uneducated and virtually unwashed by my lack of artistic knowledge and perception in the past, but I just like this picture as it is, no frame, with all the thoughtfulness Anne put into it uncorralled and free to bathe me in comfort and peace and calm as I view it...I find myself walking into the bathroom from time to time to just look at it...

2 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

That is a difficult question. One I've been far too uncertain to answer. The idea of the black border was that it had a "built-in" frame. But a frame would help it stand off from the wall a bit.
I suppose it might look good either way.

As I told my dearest mother, I have never yet splurged the money to purchase a frame for any of my paintings (so I certainly wouldn't dare ask you to, and I also don't know what the effect would be)

But if you don't mind the cost and the trouble, I bet it might look really nice with a frame.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Signed,

The Obscure Artist

3:46 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Looking at it in the bathroom context...I'm starting to think it doesn't need a frame after all.
But I'll be delighted at whatever you decide :)

Thank you so much for the Happy Home gift! :)

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home