Sunday, January 08, 2006


Friday brought a neat Sun rise...you can see the layer of clouds coming in above the Sun. It stayed pretty gray and cold for several days last week. Friday night I went flying, and though the evening started okay, the winds jumped up to a 50 degree right-of-nose cross wind at 10 knots, gusting to 20 knots...the demons of new Private Pilots made sure that each time I tried to land the Skyhawk (I needed to perform 3 full stop landings to gain night currency), the wind was gusting at its full 20-knot capability. Stopped after 3, as much from my not enjoying the fight I had with the airpilane on every circuit to keep it aligned and set up for a proper cross tornado landing, but also after the second one where my Instructor said he too had had enough of the rough weather. One of the few times I was glad to land and get out of the airiplane for good for a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home