Sunday, July 19, 2009

 
 
 

Okay, I'm weak. I have accepted my fate as a "taste" eater, meaning if it tastes good I'll probably eat it, and a lot of it, in spite of the fact it may not be the healthiest dish. On the other hand, fate, in this case, treats me well in the taste department. I love grits, good grits made from scratch with half & half instead of all milk, and I love cheese and sausage. So I get a bag of white speckled grits from a mill near Helen, Georgia, and make this casserole with cheese and sausage...also a stick of butter and 3 eggs and a little bit of sour cream for flavor. It is delicious, and in some ways even better the next morning when I scoop out a little bit and fry it in butter in a skillet...it makes your day. Of course, making that day is payback for the 10 the fat and cholesterol rob you of...I took these as it came out of the oven. You can see it's still bubbling in the last pic...
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

mmm- it was especially good this time

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home