Saturday, March 12, 2005


This is the Navy Blue I am getting in the Master bathroom...I couldn't find "Navy Blue", so I am getting "Royal Blue." I am thinking it will be nearly "Navy" blue by the time they put on a few extra coats...the whole idea was to make a Master bathroom that was somewhat "dated" like a bathroom in the 1920's...little hexagonal tiles on the floor, the whole floor trimmed about 3" from the edges with dark blue, little hexagonal tiles, then a bright, white tile shower (that would be the entrance to the shower on the left...an 8'x4' shower that I can wonder around in for as long as I want to each morning to get the body up and awake each day) with white porcelain shower controls to set all off...simple, clean idea from a time past...other color would be introduced with hanging colorful towels (blue, green, white...real, old fashioned one-word colored towels). But I had the same trouble finding white, hexagonal tile and plain, white floor and wall tile. Found many, many shades of white, most with one or two adjective preceding names that included white, but they weren't "white." I think, though, we have found what we want and are going to have some laid to make sure. But the builder said we went over on our tile, particularly those large, $15 per square foot tiles...don't recall buying any of them, but then again I got so confused with the multiple-name white tiles I saw I guess I could have...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home