Monday, January 30, 2006

Quick update...I received the statement from my primary ophthalmologist, and he agrees with the Neuro-ophthalmologist in his letter that it was an anomaly (did I spell that right??), and it is unlikely to recur. I turned all his paperwork in last week, and will have the Neuro's latest and greatest on Wednesday when I return home (visiting my Mom in Chicago Sat-Wed...her 85th Birthday tomorrow), and will drop it off at the FAA AME office who will forward it to Oklahoma City. Hopefully, over the course of the next several weeks, the FAA will see that it was transient in nature, not disease caused (stroke, vascular related, thyroid caused, etc) and will grant the medical.

Thanks Sarah, Jill, Anne and Paul...comforting knowing you guys are pulling for me. Paul, learning to fly and earning the license is hard work, takes time, and is a challenge, but one you will always cherish as an undertaking, be so proud of completing successfully, so go for it!! Lots to see out there from the sky!! Nothing like it. I flew Friday, January 27th, to Gadsden, Alabama as my last trip before it expired, and it was a super ride... I promise to let you all know what happens as it happens. Say a little prayer for the FAA to see the right way on this, and to see it QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, all!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wray Davis said...

I'm very glad to hear it! I hope to see more posts of your flights soon!

10:55 AM  
Blogger phdendron said...

Great news!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home