Saturday, August 22, 2009

Long view...

 

This is the West Rim again, but you can also see along it and to the North the topography of the area. The Appalachians run down through NE Alabama as well, and this area is part of the Lookout Mountain part of the Range, just a little SW of Chattanooga. When I was flying, heading to Chattanooga took me over this area and a little more Northerly...pretty country, but not as spectacular as the mountains in NE Georgia and SW North Carolina...it was a pretty nice ride. Temps were in the low 70s when I left around 10AM, and held to 80 or so by the time I returned around 3:30PM or so. Averaged nearly 50 mpg on "The Beastess" going and coming. I came home via a different route, cutting along the Alabama line down to Summerville, then East to Adairsville and on to Cartersville. Bike rode good, strong and steady all day.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like this shot. Pretty picture Wood

12:19 AM  
Blogger anne said...

It looks gorgeous. What a beautiful day, too.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home