Saturday, March 18, 2006

Thought I would catch everyone up on what is happening between the FAA and myself. I finally received a resonse to all the data I sent in last January. They felt they needed more information, so I had to ask my ophthalmologist for a detailed report on why I wear Toric (astigmatism) contact lenses, as well as a complete cardiovascular evaluation including a stress test that took me to 100% of my working heart rate. Took the test Friday just past, did just fine and the Doctor wrote it up and made copies of the EKG tracings so I could send it all in and make the March 30th deadline. He noted absolutely nothing negative, all aspects of the test was normal, including no indication of any arterial or vascular blockage and no indication of ischemia (that is what happened when I developed double vision). So, I am okay, and hopefully the FAA will see it that way too. I mailed it all back Friday afternoon and hopefully I should hear by mid April. I am getting antsy not flying, but have held off as I get so excited about it when I go that I am trying to keep my wits about me and not build up unrealistic hopes in case the FAA sees this whole thing differently.

I will let all know what happens as soon as I hear. Thanks for your thoughts!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wray Davis said...

I'm crossing my fingers! But that sounds like really good news.

10:23 PM  
Blogger anne said...

That's good to hear! I hope it works out.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home