Saturday, November 11, 2006


The sky rewarded our hard work yesterday with a beautiful sunset. BD and I moved a couple firewood racks of wood from our stand of woods on the rise next to the house, put together a storage cabinet for the garage (which we cleaned out and swept and put stuff up...), then to add insult to injury (our muscles and joints) we bought a bunch of pansies and planted them. It was an 8 or 9 hour day of activity neither one of us were used to. Truth be told, I fell asleep in my chair at 8:15PM, woke up a few minutes and told BD I had had it, hit the bed and was asleep I think before I could pull the covers up...I was beat!!

Anyway, it was nice enough out (kind of a late Indian Summer night...) to sit on the back porch and drink a beer. When we decided to come in and fix supper, you could see the reflections off the deck posts...a little later, we looked and was presented with this vision of fire in the sky...it was spiritual...the clouds, the ridge, the trees still red and orange and gold...it was a gift, I am certain, meant as a reminder that though things, most if not all things, evolve, there was someone who started it in an instant and a snap of fingers...someone who someday, I believe, will give beautiful snapshots of life, such as this, to us everyday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home